English 3, Post 2, 'Why did I choose my major (study program)?'

 Warm Salutations, Earthlings from FCQF

In this week, you are expected to write about, 

- your dream jobs when you were a child 
- other career options that you had at the moment of applying to university 
- what made you decide on this major? 
- your experience at the university until now 
 

 > word count: 130 words 
 > don't forget to leave comments on 3 of your classmates' posts (optional) and on your teacher's post as well (compulsory). 

 As usual, I leave a sample post for you to make fun of or to take as a starting point for your own written work, 

Since I was a child, I did not think about getting a job or dreaming –daydreaming, perhaps- about getting a job. I did not contemplate the idea of an ideal job because it simply did not exist in my childish world. I was really into video games, soccer, and cycling. Now, that I think of it, I never imagined myself making money out of playing video games or playing soccer. I thought they were only hobbies to spend my time on. 
  
When applying to a University program, there was a hand of career options I seriously considered following: Philosophy, Literature, Medicine, and Law. I decided on English Pedagogy because I saw English as a medium for reaching an end (nowadays I still do), what sort of end, you might ask. It was an end that allowed me to combine Literature and Education and watch them both from other perspectives, the ones from an English-speaking country. 

When recalling some experiences from my experience at University, I only will tell you they were not as satisfactory as I could have thought they would be, mainly because of an idealism one may nurture from adolescence, or because I felt sort of misplaced inside the university community itself. I would like to think it was because of the latter. 
  
There is no ideal job for me to think of, but I would like to say that I would like to lecture on two topics; (a) English Literature as a matter of intellectual escapism, and (b) Methodology and Applied Linguistics to prospective Teachers of English as a Second Language. 

What about you? 
Thanks for reading, 
Cheers.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

English 3, Post 5, 'How can your major make the world a better place'

English 3, Post 1, 'Who am I?'